CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 24, 2006

*bow*

Do you have people in your life who just make you smile? I love to laugh. I love to smile. I do both at every opportunity available. I just talked to a friend, and spent almost the entire conversation laughing. Not because he is exceptionally hilarious but mainly because I enjoy his company if only on the phone. There is no love lost between us, so we can just talk and laugh like we've been friends since birth...even though we've only know each other a short time. He knows alot about me, most likely from his vast life expereince, he is able to gauge things about me from what I say and what I don't say. It's interesting because he knows me alot better than I'd like him to...and although he's seen me go crazy, get overly emotional, angry, sad, depressed, excited etc...he still treats me exactly the same and with an honesty that is so hard to find today. He's honest almost to a fault because sometimes the truth really does hurt. He has never wounded me beyond repair, but I suspect that his honesty has hurt people he loves and thus he has these huge barriers built up around him. I totally adore this man and I am so pleased that we're friends. We compliment each other in a way that only true friends can. I let him through my tough exterior to know a little bit of me...of which he discovered that he could trust me to be gentle with him. It makes me smile to know that there is another person out there who just genuinly likes my company...and isn't just trying to get into my pants, or bank account or whatever else. It's also a gift that he is objective and helpful at the same time. I know that I could call him and talk to him about absolutely anything and he would do everything in his power to help me come to resolution...although he would never tell me what to do, only assist me in making my own choice. It's good to have someone like that. Even though, he's a truly wonderful man, I'm happily married and that has never been an issue with us. We're not star-crossed lovers by any means. I've had a very difficult time in the past to keep men as just friends...they always seem to want to cross the line...but this man is different, and I think the entire fact that I'm married is what keeps us able to be totally honest with each other. He knows that no matter what he says, there is no chance I'm going to fall for him or vice versa...so it's good and cool. *smile* If you're reading this, thanks babe.

k

0 comments: