CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Military Life

I haven't written in awhile. I've been too much in a funk to want to share it...*smiles* But I'm doing better.

Sitting here listening to Shakira ~ Underneath your clothes...I miss George so much. He left about a month ago and we have five more months of waiting until we're together again...which means, no, he won't be here for Christmas. It is awful. I miss him every moment of everyday. It isn't like it was when I was back home, being in our house with all of our stuff, and just seeing him and smelling him everywhere, it's so hard to be apart. I got used to him being there during these past two months...I'm missing him like mad now.

But things are great...better than could be expected. There are always bumps along the road and I hope ours are mearly speed bumps from here on in. I'm having baby cravings so badly and my body keeps telling me, it's ready to get pregnant, but I'm not ready. Neither is George I don't think. If it happened, it wouldn't be the end of the world...but I'm just not ready mentally. Everyone tells me, oh you'll never be ready. But I need to finish with the immigration stuff. Still have to file my permanent residency and get the naturalization underway...and hopefully get a job...although I'm still waiting on my work authorization.

I'm also working now, at the Navy and Marine Corp Relief Society. Alot to learn but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm loving the people that I work with and the whole idea of helping the service men and women and their families.

People never really understand what it means to be a Navy wife. They are like, oh yea, the military...that's cool. But they don't understand the sacrifice that we bare everyday. We are for the most part, single people living in a strange world. Everything is different for us. Our husbands and wives are gone for long periods of time and often to the most scariest places on the earth. They are almost always in some danger and unlike an extended vacation, usually can manage a phone call only once or twice a week-if we're lucky. After that we rely on emails and letters in the mail. Sometimes we don't hear from our loved ones for days, weeks and months. Yet we are expected to do everything in their absense. I've become to apprecieate the Navy Mother. The wife who is at home iwth her babies while their daddy is away. These incredible women are the backbone of our Navy family. Support comes in but it isn't always the easier thing to find. No matter if it is time of war or not...deployments still happen. Thankfully the girls that I work with are all in the same boat as me...so we rely on each other. Thank god.

Anyways, this navy wife has an early day tomorrow...so I'll write more again later...godspeed to our all service people...your loved ones are definately awaiting your return!

0 comments: