CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Kelsey Does Houston

Well hello again!

So last week I was in Houston, it was an adventure for sure. It wasn't what I expected though. It was populated with leafy green trees and there was no hint of moisture in the air. Horray! NO humidity to stifle me. I had a great time.

We first checked into the Westin Galleria, it is the best hotel, next to the HI at home...it has a Louis Vuitton store in the bottom of it! As well as my ultra favourite makeup store, MAC. It was a match made in Heaven! I was in Houston for the Governors Leadership Conference. The conference itself was a bit of a gong show, but the presenters were great.

Our first night there, we went to dinner a Fogo De Chao. Yummy. It's a Brazillion place. Then Guacho's (the waiters) run around with skewers of meat, 15 different types, and serve you as much as you want, as many times as you want. You get this little round thing, looks like a coaster, in fact, I used mine as one until our Gaucho pointed out that it isn't a coaster...I felt a little silly but how would I ever know. Anyways, one side of the coaster is green and says yes please and other cute Brazillion things that I couldn't read...and the other side is red and says no thank you. When you want the meat brought around, you flip up the green side, I went green most of the night...and when you're done you put red, but you can't stop and go whenever you want, because the Gaucho's are continuously running around. We stopped and goed quite a few times and left feeling like I ate an entire cow. They had the most devine (sorry Cariboo Grill) filet mignon, which I ate mostly and this unreal parmesan pork. We had almost every other type of meat they had, no fish, and it was all excellent. They have have a huge salad bar with different types of sliced meat and cheese, salad, veggies and fruit. They bring you fried bananas and polenta...all in all, the best meal ever. If you're ever in Houston definately go there, YUM!

After that we hit the Roxy, there seems to be one in every town...and it was a really nice nightclub although, for ladies night, it was pretty slow. Not to worry for us though, we just had some cocktails and just hung out for awhile.

The next day we went to Ikea to do a little shopping, thank you Ikea! My bedroom finally looks like a married couple lives there and not some college freshman! I bought these awesome lamps and bedside tables...and this incredible mirror...come see, it looks great!

We went to the President's Reception that night, which was a total nightmare, people were literally fighting over the food...it was crazy! I ended up having two pieces of cake in about 4 minutes and then heading out somewhere else, so everyone else could eat. The dessert table was the only place not getting attacked by the food vultures!

Basically that concludes my trip to Houston, there are more details, but nothing very exciting...*laugh* Houston is a great city, I can't wait to visit again and explore a little more of Cowtown.

And YAY Canucks for beating the Oilers, about damn time too!

0 comments: