CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Rita Rita go away




So it has been forever since I updated this here. Many things have gone on. First things first, I'll start a few weeks ago. Nicki turned 20. Wow. Not a teen any longer. So we gathered up 15 of our best friends, rented a van and driver and went to Jasper for the night. Not only did we go but we dressed up as well. 70's. We went GROOVY! The photo above is me and B in our 70's gear. Yes, I am wearing not one but TWO hair pieces! It was a great night had by all, no puking, no fighting, no one in jail and everyone home in their own bed safe and sound. It was awesome. If you want to see more photos of that trip as well as all of my other digital photos I have a new website for you to see:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vivaglam

All me all the time. The good, the bad and the ugly.

What else...baby brother is now a Kimberly Dynamiter. We're very proud and he is doing great. I will update more and more, only played a few games and has already scored some points. I'll get some awesome photos once we get down there to watch a few games.

So George was evacuated today. Hurricane Rita is bearing down on our home. Yesterday it was supposed to hit between Corpus CHristi and Galveston. Unfortunately we live directly between the two places. Thankfully (for us) the hurricane has shifted and is moving further towards Houston. I have been glued to CNN for two days, hardly able to sleep, and I have a horrible head cold, watching to see what is going on. Doesn't help that the navy keeps my husband so busy that he can't call me to tell me what is going on. Finally he called today, he is going to Brownsville to wait out the storm. I am pretty upset still, we stand to lose all that we own. Everything is in storage in Corpus and I'm really hoping that the warehouse can stand through it. Upon watching the traffic getting out of Houston, I'm thankful to be in the middle of nowhere in nothern Canada. Nothing bad happens here (knocking on wood) maybe not nothing but we don't have tragic natural disasters. I am pleased to see a bit more planning and strategy going on with hurricane Rita as I had hoped for Katrina, but it seems that everyone has learned from that mistake. I cannot even begin to imagine what the people of New Orleans are going through. So I have taken to prayer to get me through this troubling time. I pray that all are okay and that perhaps by some other freak of nature the hurricane dissapates and just goes away, we've had enough disaster Mother Nature!

Beyond that, I'm sick, I hate being sick. I'm drinking NeoCitron right now...YUCK! It tastes disgusting but is supposed to ease my symptoms. If you can imagine, I'm even having a really hard time talking. My throat is all swollen and I can't stop coughing and sniffing. I've also had a week long headache. It sucks. I've been overdosing on echineacia (bad spelling) each night before bed so I'm hoping it is going away.

I'm going to go to bed now, and try to sleep. I'll post more soon. My thoughts are with you Texas...stay safe.

0 comments: