CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Vote Kelsey


Goodness...it has been a busy month for me.

Updates:

-Immigration finally approved me!
-Heading home to G in Texas on June 4th, 2006
-lost 16 pounds on a herbal clense
-quit my job

So to begin...after a whirlwind trip to see my cousin Kate look incredible and get married...Nicki and I were off to Vancouver for my immigration interview and medical exam. I could barely eat I was so worried. Corey came with us, thankfully because he kept Nick busy as I was too tired and stressed to entertain.

Off to my medical exam, had to be there by 6am. After having scans and tests and blood work, and x-rays, and filling out more and more and more paperwork. I was back at the hotel and in bed by 11am. I slept all day and was so worried and nervous about my immigration appointment.

I arrive at the US Consulate at 9:30am. I am greeted by a huge security guard who is directing us to stand in these weird Laybrinth designed ques. So...finally all of us there for spousal immigration are allowed in, one at a time, we have to get searched twice to get in the door. Then we are sent up two flights of stairs where more security meets us and searches us again, and then opens the elevator door and sends us up to the 20th floor. I get off and proceed in the almost darkness to another security check point...they search me, ask why I'm there, they ask for my paperwork, go through my purse, and search my body...I walk through three metal detectors and finally am allowed into the waiting room. I'm sent into this small room with chairs so uncomfortable. The room is blazing hot and there are no bathrooms or vending machines or even anywhere to get water. I visit with the others there to do the same thing as me. We're all pretty nervous. We have to sit in these chairs and are lined up against the wall so tightly that my knees were almost touching the wall and I'm short! and besides that, the cubicles were directly in front of the chairs so everyone in the room could hear exactly what they were saying to you. A really nice woman goes through my papers...and we talk a little, she makes me feel better...and then we proceed over to the cashier and wait to pay...the line up is around the corner and then the MOST UNHAPPY young person I've ever seen comes out. We wait to pay and he is the outmost MOST grouchy person. So finally I pay and then go back to wait for my acutal interview. Finally I am asked to proceed to window #5 and a super nice YOUNG east indian guy starts interviewing me...he askes me all kinds of questions...and then hands me back all my paperwork...and says, "Kelsey, your visa will be ready at 2pm for pickup." and thats it, I'm the proud owner of a K-3 visa...YAY!!!

So I go back at two and have been elated ever since.

Booked my ticket two days later, going home to G. FInally.

So I hope that everything is on par with my marriage. I mean, we're getting a hell of a lot better, but still, I feel like things aren't the way they used to be...so only time will tell I guess. I miss George so much but I sometimes feel like he could care less what is going on with me. I know that is my mind playing tricks on me but I just don't see him acting the same way he used to.

I'm definately going into therepy when I get home. I have alot of issues that need to be resolved before I can even begin to be the best wife and mother I can be. No I'm not pregnant or even wanting to be yet...but sometime...and sometime in the next couple of years. I'm getting really really ready.

Beyond that, my life couldn't be better...and although I'm unsure what career path I will pursue, I am confident that whatever I choose to do, I will achieve ultimate success...

if only I could be as positive about my love life...

12 more sleeps...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

George is a dick to know that you feel this way and treat you like he does.