CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Goodbye my old friend...


What do you do with friends who you don't really want to be friends with anymore? Do you go on pretending that you care? Do yuo have a huge blowout telling them that you can't be there anymore? Whats the deal anyways?

So I have this friend. He's a good friend, or was a good friend. We talk less and less which is cool, we're both super busy people. The problem is that when we do talk, he lies to me. He lies about his life and the news, he lies about things that are of no consequence to me. And we both know he is lying to me. I'm tired of playing the "oh really?" game. It makes me feel like he is insinuating that I'm stupid and not intelligent enough to realize that his words are nothing more than a weak facade to honey-glaze whats really going on.

I realize that it should be up to him to want to tell me the truth and that a good person would try to enable that to happen. Unfortunately that isn't the case here. I'm tired of dealing with it. I'm tired of trying to stay that good person.

To my friend:

We have known each other a long long time...stop lying to me. Stop pretending. Stop faking. If you don't want to discuss things with me, then don't, but don't lie about anything to me! Friends don't do that. Based on the lying, I cannot continue our friendship. I'm sure you understand because you yourself have had this problem in your life before with previous friends. I choose to keep people in my life who are genuine and who are important to me. Unfortunately you and I cannot continue down this path. I wish you nothing but the best with your life and future endevours and I will always remember the good times. Farewell and adieu.

k

0 comments: