CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 31, 2005

Kayne West for President


I've been doing alot of soul searching lately. It seems that when I'm listening to music I always identify with the lyrics. I've been listening to alot of Kanye lately. Specifically "Jesus Walks." This song is so incredible for so many reasons. He says exactly how I've been feeling lately. "I wanna talk to God but I'm afraid because we haven't spoken in so long." Thats me. I really am desperate to find my faith. I want to be able to have a personal relationship with something bigger than myself, something undefinable, something wise and all-seeing. I sound a bit like an infomercial. THere was a time when I read the bible everyday, not alot as I was very very young and didn't understand, but I felt that "God" was the only entity out there who understood me. I'm faced with the same feeling right now. I want to find my faith but I'm afriad because of all that I have seen and done in the past years. I went from Sunday School good girl, to atheist bad girl, to Wiccan-ritual doing, spritual magic doer, to lost in the forest of religion. I have a few close friends who are devote Catholics, they've been extreamly kind to me, and very very helpful in the faith-seeking nature of mine. I have other friends who are Christian and pretty much keep to themselves about religion. I am tired of hearing the pulpit being used as a political soap box. I am also sick of those who are so into being "God's children" but so self riteous that they lose sight of what is really important and don't even get me started on the wannbe's. I don't think that religion is something that makes you cool or uncool, it is a personal thing but it isn't something to be used for the wrong reasons. Kayne West talks about what is wrong the world and how only Jesus can save us. Maybe he is right, maybe he isn't but I think he is getting the message right. He has his mind in the right place. What appeals most to be as far as Kayne's faith is that he doesn't expect a person to be perfect. He talks about wanting the wrong things from the music business. He talks about smoking pot and having one night stands. He talks about putting himself out there trying to do what he feels is right and getting thrown off course because of his human nature. What is important is that he tries to stay true to himself. If Kanye ran for President, I'd vote yes any day!

0 comments: