CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Schepens!

So this weekend I was blessed to attend the wedding of two of my favourite people. Shane and Carrie, if you are reading this, your wedding was incredible. You two are an inspiration to all who know you. I love you guys! For those of you who don't know Shane and Carrie, they are the world newly married super couple. Carrie is this sweet, adorable, strong and motivated woman who is also my sorority sister (we were initated as sisters, we stay as sisters.) Carrie and I met at UNBC in 1999. She was a bright rainbow. Carrie doesn't have a favourite colour, she says her favourite is the rainbow, which is exactly like her. A carebear. *smiles* She gives the greatest hugs (sorry George.) She can always pick you up when you're down, and she makes me laugh constantly. She is going to make the world's best teacher. Obviously her love for children will make her the most sought after Montessori (sorry if I spelled it wrong) teacher on the planet.

Shane and I met through Student Success Week. I believe that we had met before then actually but we became friends through that two week session. Shane was my saving grace at 7 am with a hot pot of coffee and a quick smile. I quickly fell in love with Shane. Not romantically but on a purely friendship level. Shane and I have alot in common actually. Not only are we smart but we're also so cute. *laugh* Okay, maybe Shane is alot more smart than I and perhaps a bit cuter! *smile* Shane and I then started working at NUGSS (Northern Undergraduate Student Society.) I was Vice President Director of Internal Affairs and Shane was Vice President Director of Finance. Shane was unreal. He had the numbers down to a science, and any question I possibly had about anything UNBC he knew it. Shane also has a huge heart. When I was having troubles in NUGSS due to 23 of my available 24 hours a day devoted to the office and student society stuff, I had little time for class and Shane helped to bring me back to reality of why I was at UNBC. Shane also was always available to offer a huge hug and a quick smile whenever I was feeling less than stellar. Now you might be thinking that is it. Shane and I also shared another passion, politics. Between him and the other boys on our board of directors, I learned anything and everything that I know from them. Shane taught me how to use the facts, to always put your heart and soul into it and to always always always do what is right no matter what it might cost. Shane is awesome.

So upon reading this you are definately thinking, of course, how much better can two people be for each other. You'd be right. They are perfect. Shane and Carrie met after Shane and I did Student Success Week. I'd like to believe that I set them up, however, it was fate and God that brought them together. These two have been meant to be together since birth. Their wedding was just yet another chapter of their wonderful life together. I can't wait to see the babies! I will also post pictures ASAP.

I also have a bunch of stuff to write about Sarah and Curt, Suzy and Mark, Amanda and Nate, Mr. Moe, Saleema, Bailey and everyone else that I saw this weekend that I missed so much! So keep tuned in.

0 comments: