CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 31, 2006

Nature Re-Defined...


Okay, so 2 posts in one day. Another thing I found online, were these...GenPets. I was so disturbed I couldn't stop looking away. I read through the entire website.

These pets are gentically engineered, you buy them at Wall-Mart and they come packaged like the newest action figure, except they are alive, they have a heart monitor on the top of the package.

You can get them in any personality you'd like, for myself, I was thinking I would liberate one from the colour purple, which is supposed to be spiritual.

I looked at all the photos, it said that the reason the animals are bound in the cases like action figures is so that the consumer can see what they are buying. The animals come in two lifespans, 1 year or 3 years.

I was so disturbed. I wanted to buy them all. Just to save them from hanging on the shelf...they make all kinds of disclaimers saying "Genpets are cheap so that if your child has an "accident" they are easily replaceable." I was horrified...and I actually couldn't even eat dinner...my eyes glued to the little creatures, looking at their bindings all red and swollen. The website claims that they keep the pets in a statis-like sleep so that they are spared the stress of being in a store...and then they "wake-up" when you bring them home...

After I couldn't take it any longer, I thought I would google the GenPet and find out if I could see photos of them in action. Turns out the GenPet and website are the creation of a Canadian guy making socal commentary on genetic engeneering. Wheww....so there are no real GenPets...just clay models and phony photos meant to scare the public into awarness....okay...I'm aware, can I have dinner now?

GenPets

0 comments: